|“||There's nothing basic about BeyDawncé!||”|
It's been a couple weeks since the Harper Quads transferred to Boulder Academy and they're starting to get used to it. Dawn has already joined the Boulder Academy soccer team; and her brothers are loving the school the school as well. Nicky, Ricky and Dicky are looking for human subject for their Human Behavior class project.
Dawn says goodbye to the soccer girls and goes to stand outside the Glee Club door. Mae stands by her and points out that Dawn has been doing that a lot lately. Dawn tells her that she wants to audition for the Glee Club but she is afraid because whenever she tries to audition, she gets nervous and starts yodeling. While Dawn is talking to Mae, her brothers watch her and assume that she has a crush on a boy in the glee club. So, they decide to use her as their subject for the human behavior experiment.
After school, Mae continues to encourage Dawn to audition for Glee Club. She even asks Dawn's brothers to help convince her. That's when the boys realize that Dawn wasn't crushing on a boy. She was listening to the Glee Club. They learn about Dawn's fear that she might yodel when nervous. Dawn tells them that it started when she was seven years old. She doesn't even know where she learned how to yodel. The boys remember that it was them who used to yodel while Dawn is asleep. Their dad used to take them to yodeling classes while Dawn was out for soccer practice. So, Dawn might have picked it up as they practiced while she is sleeping. They agree to help her as part of their human behavior project. They try to encourage her and help her face her fears.
The next day at school, Mae walks Dawn to the Glee Club to audition. They’re welcomed by a girl named Brooklyn who tells them that she's the Glee Club captain. Brooklyn asks if they're nervous and Dawn denies it. But Mae is nervous even though she isn’t auditioning. To help calm them down, Brooklyn sings her welcome song for them. It calms Mae down. Dawn goes on stage to audition. She tells herself that she won't yodel. But then her brothers enter the room to support her. She starts remembering them yodeling and it throws her off. She tries to sing but ends up just squeaking. She tries two more times. The same thing. She runs out of the stage in embarrassment.
Unfortunately, someone recorded Dawn's audition and posted the embarrassing video on FaceShack. The AV Club even made a mashup of Dawn talking to dolphins. Dawn shows the video to her brothers and blames them for getting in her head. She tells them that she’s done auditioning. She goes to her bed.
Later that night, the boys sneak into Dawn's room. Ricky uses a hypnosis technique he learned online to hypnotize Dawn while she sleeps. It should be easy because they now know that she’s susceptible to suggestions when she's asleep. Ricky tells her that when she hears two claps, she’ll become a confident teenage girl. Unknown to the boys, their dad is sleep-walking outside Dawn’s door. He gets hypnotized. After instructing Dawn on confidence, Ricky says that's enough but Nicky and Dicky think he should have done more. So, a few minutes later, Nicky sneaks back into Dawn's room and tells her that she won't just be a star; she’ll be a megastar, like those celebrity divas. Dicky also sneaks back in after a while and tells Dawn that she’ll be like the world's best singer. And her name would be BeyDawncé.
In the morning, Dawn goes to the kitchen to get some breakfast. The boys come by to see if their hypnosis worked. Ricky claps his hands twice and asks Dawn if she feels a little more confident. Dawn then instantly turns into a diva, calling herself BeyDawncé. It worked a little too well. She removes her brothers' photos from the fridge and puts on a sunhat, sunglasses and a scarf for her BeyDawncé outfit. She starts treating the boys as her servants.
At school, Dawn continues with her BeyDawncé persona. She finds Miles and Mae standing by the lockers. She takes Miles' math homework and gives him a free autograph. She then goes to the Glee Club - not to audition, but for them to beg her to join. Mae and Miles are left in shock. Mae figures out that the boys had something to do with it. The boys admit that they hypnotized her but they don't know how to snap Dawn out of it.
Dawn enters the Glee Club as BeyDawncé. She belittles Brooklyn, the teacher and everyone else in the room. When Brooklyn sings “welcome back” to her, Dawn tell her that she's a little too pitchy. She shows Brooklyn how to sing better. She claims that she can't remember Brooklyn's name. She goes to the stage. Her brothers and Miles try to stop her from auditioning. So, Nicky tells her that BeyDawncé is too good for the Glee Club. BeyDawncé agrees. So, she asks Nicky to film her so that they can post it on Face-shack and show the whole world. While BeyDawncé is still singing, Ricky figures out that maybe two claps works both ways. So, he claps twice and BeyDawncé turns back into Dawn. Dawn has no idea how she got there.
The boys take Dawn outside and explain to her what happened. They show her the video of her singing as BeyDawncé. She's mad at them but at the same time she realizes that if BeyDawncé can sing in front of people with all that confidence, then she should be able to do it to.
Dawn uses the BeyDawncé confidence to audition for real. She impresses everyone at the Glee Club and she gets in.
- Lizzy Greene as Dawn Harper
- Mace Coronel as Dicky Harper
- Casey Simpson as Ricky Harper
- Aidan Gallagher as Nicky Harper
- Allison Munn as Anne Harper
- Brian Stepanek as Tom Harper
- Kyla Drew as Mae Valentine
- Theodore Barnes as Miles
- Sidney Floyd as Brooklyn
- Zachary Friedman as Snotty Scotty
- Rena Strober as Ms. Tassinari
- Grant Knoche as Liam
- This episode's title is a play on both the title of the show and American singer Beyoncé.
- It was revealed Dawn is on the Soccer team.
- It was revealed that Nicky, Ricky and Dicky are able to yodel.
- This episode revealed Brooklyn can sing.
- The picture that Dicky took in This Little Piggy Went to the Harpers was seen on the fridge.
- It’s revealed Nicky, Ricky and Dicky take Human Behavior class.
- Though Sadie isn't in the episode, she‘s seen on a billboard in the hallway.
- When Tom is hypnotized to act like a confident teenage girl, he was texting a person named Jenny with the phone number of "867-5309" which is a reference to "867-5309/Jenny" by Tommy Tu-tone.
- Dawn's tendency to yodel when she's nervous was first seen in "I Got Your Back" when she was trying to befriend the soccer girls.
- Dawn mentions singing in Oz in her dreams in "The Wonderful Wizard of Quads" and singing in the shower in "Dude, Where's My School?."
- The quads are now starting to like their new school, Boulder Academy which they joined in Dude, Where's My School?.
- Brooklyn introduces herself to Dawn and Mae for the first time in this episode. However, we already first saw them with Brooklyn in Wrestle-Mae-nia because Nickelodeon aired Wrestle-Mae-nia (407) out of order as the second episode of the season.
- Dawn is seen to be in the Boulder Academy soccer team. She used to play soccer for her middle school, Edgewood School since the first season.
- This is the third episode where Ricky tries to match up words but nobody appreciates it.
- This marks the first appearance of Ms. Tasinari and Snotty Scotty.
- This is the first episode since Quadsled where Dawn's bedroom is seen.